ROXBOROUGH MEMORIAL HOSPITAL IS NATIONALLY-RECOGNIZED IN THREE SERVICE LINES BY HEALTHGRADES
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Michelle Aliprantis, MBA
Regional Director of Marketing and Communications
Philadelphia, PA (10/29/2022) – Roxborough Memorial Hospital, a member of Prime Healthcare is nationally recognized in three service lines and received two Five-Star ratings according to new research released by Healthgrades, the leading marketplace connecting doctors and patients.
Prime Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading health systems with 45 hospitals and more than 300 outpatient locations in 14 states. Prime’s hospitals received more than 250 accolades from Healthgrades for the 2023 award season.
“We commend Roxborough Memorial Hospital for their ongoing commitment to providing high-quality care to patients,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Head of Data Science at Healthgrades. “Consumers can feel confident that nationally recognized hospitals by Healthgrades have demonstrated their ability to deliver consistently exceptional outcomes.”
The service lines recognized at Roxborough Memorial Hospital include Gastrointestinal, Appendectomy, and Critical Care. Notably, these achievements were for the Five-Start Treatment of GI Bleed, Appendectomy, Sepsis, and Diabetic Emergencies. This recognition reflects Roxborough Memorial Hospital’s outstanding clinical outcomes by Healthgrades.
“These nationally recognized distinctions serve as testaments to the dedication and quality of our entire Roxborough Memorial Hospital team,” said Burton Piper, PharmD FACHE, Chief Executive Officer of Roxborough Memorial Hospital. “These awards exemplify our ongoing commitment to delivering top-notch care to the Philadelphia community from our exceptional care teams.”
Healthgrades evaluated patient mortality and complication rates for 31 of the most common conditions and procedures at nearly 4,500 hospitals across the country to identify the top-performing hospitals for specialty care.
Below is a complete list of and achievements at Roxborough Memorial Hospital:
- Leapfrog Safety Grade “A” (2018, 2019, & 2021)
- Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award (2015-2022)
- Healthgrades Five Star Recipient, Treatment of Heart Attack (2017-2021)
- Healthgrades Five Star Recipient, Treatment of Heart Failure (2017-2019)
- Healthgrades Five Star Recipient, Treatment of Stroke, 2021
- Healthgrades Five Star Recipient, Treatment of Appendectomy, 2023
- Healthgrades Five Star Recipient, Treatment of Sepsis, 2023
- Healthgrades Five Star Recipient, Treatment for GI Bleed, 2023
- Healthgrades Five Star Recipient, Treatment for Diabetic Emergencies, 2023
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award, 2020
- Patient Safety Achievement Award honoring excellence and innovation in health care from the Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award, 2020
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Type 2 Honor Roll Award, (2020, 2021 & 2022)
- Platinum Recognition by the National Hospital Organ Donation Campaign, 2020
- Platinum Award in Donate Life Challenge, (2021-2022)
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award, 2021 & 2022
- Awarded Expertise.com Best Urgent Care Center in Philadelphia, for Roxborough Memorial Hospital Urgent Care, 2021.
Roxborough Memorial Hospital has been recognized for clinical quality and safety excellence over the years.
- Names Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Patient Safety in (2020 & 2021)
- Names Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety in (2015-2019 & 2022)
*Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for years 2019 through 2021 and represent three-year estimates for Medicare patients only. For appendectomy and bariatric surgery, Healthgrades used inpatient data from 16 states that provide all-payer data for years 2019 through 2021.Click here to view the complete 2023 Specialty Excellence Awards and Ratings Methodology.
# # #
About Roxborough Memorial Hospital: Roxborough Memorial Hospital is a 131-bed community hospital. The hospital has been serving the medical and health care needs of the Roxborough, Manayunk, East Falls and northwest section of Philadelphia communities for more than a century, having first opened its doors in 1890. Roxborough Memorial Hospitals School of Nursing has been educating nurses since 1898. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the nation’s oldest and largest hospital accreditation agency. As part of Prime Healthcare Services, headquartered in Ontario, California, Roxborough Memorial Hospital is focused on becoming one of the leaders in technology.
Prime Healthcare is an award-winning hospital management company operating 45 acute care hospitals in 14 states, including Roxborough Memorial Hospital in Philadelphia, Suburban Community Hospital in Montgomery County, and Lower Bucks Hospital in Bucks County.
About Prime Healthcare and Prime Healthcare Foundation: Prime Healthcare is an award-winning health system operating 45 hospitals and more than 300 outpatient locations in 14 states, providing over 2.6 million patient visits annually. It is one of the nation’s leading health systems with nearly 50,000 employees and physicians dedicated to providing the highest quality healthcare. Fourteen of the Prime Healthcare hospitals are members of the Prime Healthcare Foundation, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit public charity. Based in Ontario, California, Prime Healthcare is nationally recognized for award-winning quality care and has been named a Top 10 and Top 15 Health System by IBM Watson Health. Its hospitals have been named among the nation’s “100 Top Hospitals” 58 times and have received more Patient Safety Excellence Awards from Healthgrades than any other health system in the past six years. To learn more, please visit www.primehealthcare.com
Healthgradesis dedicated to empowering stronger and more meaningful connections between patients and healthcare professionals. As the #1 platform for finding a doctor and as a leader in healthcare transparency, we help millions of consumers each month find and schedule appointments with their healthcare professional of choice and prepare for their appointments with best-in-class, treatment-focused content.
Our health system, healthcare professional, and life sciences marketing solutions have been helping our partners reach and engage consumers who are on their way to the doctor for over 20 years.
Start your search for the right care at healthgrades.com.