Senior Behavioral Health
Referrals to Inpatient Unit Available 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week
The Senior Behavioral Health Unit (SBHU) at Roxborough Memorial Hospital is a 24-bed, inpatient care unit serving adults 65 years of age or older who voluntarily seek behavioral health services and require a short inpatient stay. Treatment is available for a variety of conditions including, but not limited to depression, psychosis, bipolar disorder and anxiety.
For further information, contact us at 215-509-6800.
Senior Behavioral Health Program offers patients:
- Group and Activity Therapy
- Anger and Stress Coping Skills
- Medication Education
- Family Education
Senior Behavioral Health is appropriate if you, or a loved one is experiencing an escalation or worsening of ongoing symptoms of any of the following:
- Disordered thinking
- Change in sleep habits
- Change in enjoyment and participation in daily activities
- Lack of attention to personal hygiene
- Increased fear of being alone
- Grief (Not adjusting to loss of a loved one)
- Poor adjustment to change
- Wanting to harm others
Roxborough Memorial Hospital was proud to receive The Joint Commission Gold Seal Of Approval.