We serve patients from across the suburbs of Philadelphia, who have various heart conditions and require specialized care. We hope this section of our website will provide you with the information you need as you prepare for the care you or a loved one will be receiving from our Cardiology Services program at Roxborough Memorial Hospital.
We treat patients with heart failure, or congestive heart failure (CHF), by taking a diverse approach that emphasizes lifestyle changes along with advanced treatments and management of contributing conditions such as diabetes and hypertension.
To speak with a member from our Cardiology Department, please call 215-487-4565
We offer a number of various programs and services, but most of the time your care journey will begin with heart tests. These tests help us understand your condition and explain why you are experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath or chest pain. Once we have been able to diagnose your condition, we offer a number of interventions, as well as typical surgical procedures to help improve your quality of life.
Cardiac Diagnostic Testing
Heart tests are the many different tools that we use to figure out what might be causing your symptoms. The nature of your symptoms will also help us determine which tests to run. Heart tests are done in the Cardiology Department located on the third floor at Roxborough Memorial Hospital.
Roxborough Memorial Hospital Cardiac Diagnostic Testing may include:
- Echo Laboratory
- EKG Laboratory
- Pacemaker Evaluation
- Holter Monitors
- Nuclear Medicine as well as Non Nuclear Stress Testing
Leading the way in preventive care, Mohamad Taha, MD., is focused on helping patients identify risk factors for cardiovascular diseases and prevent the development of serious conditions. He is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. With these medical backgrounds, he can provide preventive cardiology, non-invasive treatments, and insight on cardiovascular disease 610-290-4270.
Roxborough Memorial Hospital’s Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory is dedicated to providing prompt and accurate diagnosis of heart problems such as clogged blood vessels.
Cardiac catheterization, also called “heart cath” or just “cath,” may be used for:
- Angiography – an imaging procedure that allows the doctor to see high-quality photos of the heart and coronary arteries
- Coronary angioplasty and stenting – a procedure involving a balloon that helps widen the arteries and restore blood flow; stents keep the arteries from closing or collapsing again
Cardiac catheterizations at Roxborough Memorial Hospital are performed by board-certified cardiologists who are assisted by skilled technical and nursing staff.
The Cardiac Catheterization Lab at Roxborough Memorial Hospital features:
- Fully digital equipment and technology
- High-resolution monitors, state-of-the-art procedure lighting and streamlined overhead equipment
- Cardiac monitoring and analysis of parameters, as well as documentation of procedures at the point-of-care
- Special examination room featuring sophisticated equipment and specially trained staff who perform procedures using catheters
- Round-the-clock access: Our team of specialists is ready to perform lifesaving treatments such as angioplasty any time of the day or night.Our team includes experts with years of experience and special training in performing catheter-based procedures:
- Cardiovascular technologists
- Interventional radiologists
- Registered cardiovascular invasive specialists (RCIS)
To schedule an appointment with Mohamad Taha, MD., call 610-290-4270
Suburban Surgical Specialists at Roxborough Memorial Hospital
5735 Ridge Avenue
Suite 104, Philadelphia
To learn more about Mohamad Taha, MD., visit https://www.roxboroughmemorial.com/news/2021/august/new-cardiologist-joins-suburban-community-hospit/